Lenovo S660 is a low-budget 4.7 inch smartphone announced in February 2014. It is packed up with pretty amazing specifications like 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8MP Full HD rear camera, 8GB internal storage and much more. In this post we are going to discuss how to flash TWRP Recovery & Root Lenovo S660.
Warning :- This Can Potentially Brick Your Device. So Follow The Instruction Carefully. Neither Me Or Anyone Except You is Responsible For Your Device. This will also void your device warranty.
I. Flashing TWRP Recovery
First of all before rooting your device we will need to install custom recovery on it. So here we are going to flash TWRP Recovery. Follow the steps given below:
- Download & extract SP Flash Tools on your windows computer.
- Install drivers for your device so that it can be detected by computer during flashing process.
- Check out which firmware are you on in your Lenovo S660. It may be either CN(China) or EU(Europe).
- Download appropriate TWRP Recovery Image (CN | EU) and extract it. You will find two files inside it.
- Go to the extracted folder and open Flash_Tool.exe
- Click on Scatter Loading and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
- Now click download button.
- Turn off your device, remove the battery and then connect your device to computer via USB cable.
- Flash Tool will recognise your device and will start flashing recovery image. You will see a green circle after completion of the flashing process.
- Congratulation, you have just flashed TWRP Recovery on your Lenovo S660. Now to flash into recovery mode, Power off your device, then press & hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down until device boots up.
II. Rooting the device
After successfully flashing TWRP recovery now we can proceed to the rooting process. It is actually very simple. Just read up on rooting android device with custom recovery.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.