Most of the budget Android devices are packed with a powerful MediaTek processor. Among them, the most used chipset is MT6589 with 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor. So in this post, we are going to discuss how to root MediaTek MT6589 devices.
What do you need to root MediaTek MT6589 device?
- Your device drivers.
- Auto Root Tool.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
- 50%+ charged battery.
- MT6589 android device.(Obviously 😉 )
Steps to root MediaTek MT6589 device
Warning:- This can potentially brick your device and may make it useless. So follow these instructions carefully. Neither we or anyone except you is responsible for your any damage to your device. Also be aware that this process will void your device’s warranty.
- Download your device drivers and auto root tool to your computer. from the link given above
- Install device drivers to your computer.(Restart recommended)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.(Go to Settings -> Developers Option -> Tick USB Debugging Option)(In case you does not find developer options on your device, then go to Settings -> About -> Tap on build number many times. A popup will show that you are now a developer.)
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Place auto root tool file on the desktop and extract it there.
- After extracting, there will be a file named RunMe.bat.
- Open it.
- A command window popup will be launched on your computer with several options.
- Type 1 and hit enter. The process of rooting will start.
- Your device will automatically reboot.
- You will find an app named SuperSu in the app drawer.
Thank you for taking your time in reading this article. We hope that by now you have successfully rooted your MT6589 android device. If you have any difficulty or questions then you can freely leave a comment below. We’ll be glad to help you out.