Asus Zenfone 5 is a budget 5-inch smartphone announced in January 2014 with amazing features like 1.6 GHz/ 2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom processor, 1 GB/2 GB RAM, 8 GB/16 GB internal storage, 8 MP Full HD rear camera, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and much more. In this post, we are going to discuss how to root Asus Zenfone 5 JellyBean-KitKat-Lollipop.
Steps to Root Asus Zenfone 5 JellyBean-KitKat-Lollipop
Method 1 – Traditional Method
– For JellyBean Users
- Download & install Zenfone Root APK.
- Open installed app & select “SuperSU by Chain fire” & continue to next step.
- Disclaimer window will be shown, Tap OK.
- Follow any other on-screen instructions.
- Your device will be rooted successfully in few moments.
- Read: How to check whether Android device is rooted or not
– For KitKat-Lollipop Users
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers & Intel drivers.
- Download & Extract Root Z5 KitKat or Root Z5 Lollipop.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.(Go to Settings -> Developers Option -> Tick USB Debugging Option)(In case you does not find developer options on your device, then go to Settings -> About -> Tap on build number many times. A popup will show that you are now a developer.)
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB Cable.
- To test that whether the connection between your phone and computer is established or not. Go to Root Z5 KitKat extracted folder. Click Files -> Hold shift and right click -> Choose open command window.
- Type “adb devices” in command prompt and hit enter. You will see the serial number on left and at the right side you will see “device“. It means the connection between your phone and computer is established successfully.
- If “unauthorized” appears instead of “device” then unplug the phone from the computer and reconnect again. A prompt will appear on your phone, check allow always to continue.
- To Root Asus Zenfone 5 just open Root-ZenFone5-en.bat.
- Root process will begin shortly and note that your phone may restart 5-6 times during the process. Press any key to continue.
- Download Root Checker to verify whether the phone is rooted successfully or not.
Method 2 – Using Automatic Rooting Software
As the technology advances every day, so does the new methods get created or discovered. Holding that thought in mind you will be surprised to know that there are also some automatic tools which will root your mobile in just a single click.
The tools that can root your Asus Zenfone 5 in one click are OneClickRoot and iRoot. You can use any of the ones and can also find other software that is compatible with your device. Make sure to let us know so that we can update this article.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.