As most of us know that Google can read anything which is written in plain text. So as date. Date may be useful to our readers but when we are doing blogging for many years with good Google Search Result position. Most of the people check the freshness of the article by date and wanted to read the latest one. So when we Remove Date from Google Search Result. Most probably they will click on your blog and you will get high amount of traffic.
For this we have to modify your theme file especially these three files need to be updated index.php for homepage, single.php for single post, archive.php for archives.
Steps to To Remove Date from Google Search Result
Warning :- Please backup all the above three files, so in case something goes wrong you can restore it back to get your blog working.
- Open up the WordPress Editor from Appearance or Go to your hosting panel file manager and went to root of your active theme folder.
- Find those three files which were discussed above. (These are the general file names used in most themes. In some cases there are different names in my case it was not single.php, it was loop-single.php)
- Find this code in those files.
<?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?>
- Replace that code with following and save those files.
- If the date is appearing on any other page of your blog you can edit that particular file and repeat the same process as illustrated above.
- If the above method does not work and still you wanted to remove date from Google Search Result then you have to remove the <?php the_time(‘F jS, Y’) ?> from your theme file, But this will also remove it from readers.
Now when Search Engine crawlers will fetch your site they are not able to read the date and hence it will not appear in Search Result.
Also Read : Leverage Browser Caching in WordPress
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.