As Motorola is slowly coming up as tough competitor of both high budget and low budget phones. Everyone is now looking for the same tweaks that can be done on other devices like rooting, recovery, ROMs etc. But in Motorola devices recovery image cannot be flashed directly using Fastboot. There is modified version which is called mFastboot. In this post we are going to discuss how to flash recovery image on Motorola devices using mFastboot.
- Motorola drivers.
- Unlocked Bootloader.(If not, click here)
- ADB drivers.
- mFastboot (Download Link).
- Recovery Image.
- USB Cable.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
- Motorola device.
Steps to flash recovery image on Motorola devices using mFastboot
Warning :- This can potentially brick your device. So follow the instructions carefully. Neither me or anyone except you is responsible for your device. This will also void your warranty.
- Download and install Motorola drivers and ADB drivers.
- Download mFastboot and extract it anywhere on your computer.
- Download and copy the recovery image you wanted to flash in that folder.
- Put your device in boot loader mode – Turn off your device and turn it on while pressing volume down key.
- Connect your device to computer.
- Open extracted folder. Press and hold shift key and right click on empty space in that folder.
- Click open command window here.
- Type mfastboot flash recovery recoveryimagename.img
- Replace “recoveryimagename” with name of your recovery image file and hit enter.
- You have successfully flashed recovery image on your device.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.
GET INSTANT ACCESS
Receive latest tutorials, news and tech updates right to your inbox!