Windows update provides software updates of Microsoft Windows and other important drivers but it does not provide updates for the third-party software. To keep them up-to-date you generally have to check for updates manually and honestly, it is a time consuming and a tedious task.
“This post may contain affiliate links & we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links” [Read More Here]
Let’s consider a situation where you have 50 third-party software installed on windows computer like IDM, WinRAR, Firefox etc. It will be very difficult to check for updates manually. Instead of this, you would prefer if it can be done automatically. So in this post, we are going to discuss on keeping your third-party software updated on windows.
Steps to Keep Third-Party Softwares Updated on Windows
- Download FileHippo App Manager.
- Install and run it.
- Now it will search your computer for installed software and their respective versions & then it will send this data to FileHippo server for analysis.
- Wait for few seconds while it open browser and show available updates.
- Then click on the download button to download the desired updated software.
Note: It will also show available beta updates. To disable this, open FileHippo App Manager. Click Settings -> Results and tick Hide beta versions.
Now as always let’s compare pros and cons for FileHippo App Manager:
- Lightweight app, approximately around 800KB.
- Very fast and effective.
- One stop for most third-party software updates.
- Available for free.
- Available updates need to be downloaded manually. No automatic download or installation setting available.
Update: In the latest release, software updates can be downloaded through the app. And after the download completes, setup will be launched automatically.
Well if you do not like FileHippo site, then we will recommend you guys to download software from 7downloads. This site provides latest Windows applications and Android apk downloads for free, check 7downloads.com.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.