Bootloader mode (Fastboot mode) allows you to do various amazing things. You can flash any partition using this mode. If you are familiar with the android stuff these are .img that can be flashed via fastboot mode.
In some devices, you need to flash recovery image using ADB and Fastboot. Majorly this applies to the device which has Google’s stock UI such as nexus, pixel, most Motorola device etc. You can learn what is custom recovery from our previous article.
Here is the complete tutorial how you can flash recovery via fastboot on your Android device.
Before taking any step further we request you to take backup of Android device. This will be very useful if something goes wrong while flashing. In almost all cases everything will work out fine.
- Recovery Image.
- Android device drivers.
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- If Bootloader available then it should be unlocked. Read: Unlock HTC Bootloader, Unlock Sony Bootloader.
- USB Cable.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
- An Android Device. 😉
Steps To Flash Recovery Image Using ADB and Fastboot
- Install your device drivers and Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging On Your Device.(Go To Settings -> Developers Option -> Tick The USB Debugging Option)(In Case You Does Not Find Developer Options In Your Device Then Go To Settings -> About -> Tap On Build Number Many Times…A Pop Will Show That You Are Now A Developer….)
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- To check whether your device is detected or not by the computer type
- Reboot into bootloader mode using the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Copy recovery image to C drive and rename recovery image to recovery.img.
- Type the following command to flash recovery image.
fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery.img
- Now type the following command to reboot bootloader.
- and then type the following command to erase cache.
fastboot erase cache
- Now type the following command to reboot your device.
- Now disconnect your device.
- You have successfully flashed recovery image to your android device.
- If you are looking forward to root your Android device then you can easily Root Android Device Using Custom Recovery.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.
GET INSTANT ACCESS
Receive latest tutorials, news and tech updates right to your inbox!