In some of the device, we need to flash Kernel image using ADB and fastboot. In general cases, it is needed to root the device. If you are an Android enthusiast then most probably you will have heard about this. If not then let’s see how we can to do it.
Before proceeding further, we highly recommend you to Take Backup of Android Device. So if in any case, you can always get back your data.
- Recovery Image.
- Android device drivers.
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- If Bootloader available then it should be unlocked. Read: Unlock HTC Bootloader, Unlock Sony Bootloader.
- USB Cable.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
- An Android Device. 😉
Steps to flash Kernel image using ADB and fastboot
- First of all, make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader. If not you can google how to unlock your device’s bootloader. Generally, these instructions are given on manufacturer’s website. Also, note that in most cases unlocking android’s bootloader will void manufacturer’s warranty.
- Install your device drivers and Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.(Go to Settings -> Developers Option -> Tick USB Debugging Option)(In case you does not find developer options on your device, then go to Settings -> About -> Tap on build number many times. A popup will show that you are now a developer.)
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- To check whether your device is detected or not type
- Reboot into bootloader mode using the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Copy recovery image to C drive and rename recovery image to recovery.img.
- Type the following command to flash recovery image.
fastboot flash boot c:\boot.img
- Now type the following command to reboot your device.
- Now disconnect your device.
- You have successfully flashed recovery image to your Android device.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.