If you have been a Samsung Android User from a long time, then you might know that you have to use a software named Odin to flash anything on your device. Unlike Nexus, Motorola and other manufacturers who use traditional ADB & Fastboot to flash images, this is something different. So let’s see how you can flash CWM recovery with Odin on Samsung Devices.
PS: CWM is an abbreviation for ClockWorkMod. Also, this method can also be used to flash other recoveries like TWRP, Philz and others considering that you have appropriate files for flashing. There is a vshare app, you might want to check it out.
Probably after reading this article, you might also want to root your Samsung device. So make sure to read Why to Root Android Device?
- Recovery package. (You can find it on XDA-Developers. If not then let us know in comment section)
- Samsung device drivers.
- USB Cable.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
- An Android device.
Before proceeding, we would recommend you to Backup your Android Device in case anything goes wrong. This will help you prevent any data loss. Let’s hope everything works out fine.
Steps to flash CWM Recovery with Odin
Warning: This can potentially brick your device and make it unusable. So follow the instructions carefully. Neither anyone except you is responsible for any damage done to your device. This will also void your warranty so read the warranty statement carefully if you’re not sure.
- Download and install drivers for your device from the link given above.
- Download recovery package and Odin.
- Extract Odin package.
- Run Odin executable(exe) file as administrator(Important).
- Uncheck all option except Auto Reboot.
- Power off your device. Hold volume down + home button + power button. You will see a warning screen. Press volume up to continue. (There may be a different combination to boot your device. Let us know if this doesn’t work.)
- Click on PDA and choose the file in the extracted folder.
- Connect your device to your computer and press start.
- You will see pass message after flashing that file successfully.
We are sure that this tutorial has helped you in installing cwm recovery using Odin on your Samsung device. If you have encountered any problem or have any issue, do let us know using the comment section below. Don’t forget to share this article and subscribe to our newsletters to keep updated with the latest things going down in the tech world.
GET INSTANT ACCESS
Receive latest tutorials, news and tech updates right to your inbox!