Many of you may have noticed that after we delete some old post or pages which are already published. Most of the time in Google Webmaster Tools we get crawl error with error code 404 (Page Not Found). It is very annoying to see such error in Google WMT. So here we are going to Fix 404 Crawl Error in Google Webmaster Tools by simply redirecting it to some other page.
Steps to Fix 404 Crawl Error in Google Webmaster Tools
- First you need to decide that where you wanted to redirect your visitors once they get 404 error.
- If you wanted to redirect it to some Custom 404 Page then create one like this page or you can also redirect your visitors to homepage.
- Now download and install 404 to 301 plugin in your WordPress installation.
- After activating the plugin, you will be redirected to settings page of 404 to 301 plugin.
- Select Redirect Type. We will suggest you to use 301 permanent redirect.
- Now paste the URL of the page where you wanted to redirect your visitors.
- Click Update Options.
PS : If you are redirecting 404 page to any desired custom page then for SEO purpose, you can set it to noindex & nofollow.
- Go to Blogger Dashboard.
- Select your blog & Go to Settings.
- Select Search Preferences.
- This code will redirect 404 error page to homepage in 5 seconds. ( PS: You can also decrease redirect time by lowering the value. Current value is 5000 in milliseconds )
For Other Platforms
- If you want to Fix 404 Crawl Error in Google Webmaster Tools then you just simply need to redirect 404 pages to any desired page.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.