As you have seen that many local manufacturers and also some known brand do not come with support for local language fonts like Gujarati, Hindi, Oriya, Bengali, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu and many other languages. On that devices it shows a blank area where compatible or supported fonts are not present i.e.,. you cannot read Indian language fonts on that android device. By following the method given below you can able to read Indian language fonts on your Android device.
This method works on various brands like Micromax, Xolo, Gionee, Karbonn, Lava, Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, Celkon, Motorola and many more brands.
- Your Android Phone must be rooted. (If not root it or request tutorial by commenting below) Root Android Device Now.
- ES File Manager. (ES File Manager is removed from Google Play Store so we don’t recommend it anymore however you can go for Solid Explorer)
- Font Package: Gujarati | Hindi | Oriya | Bengali | Malayalam | Kannada | Telugu
Steps to Install & Download Indian Language Fonts for Android
- Download Font Package listed above. Extract it if it is archived. You will have a .ttf font file.
- Place extracted the file in SD Card of your phone.
- Install ES File Manager from Play Store.
- Open up ES File Explorer.
- Open menu(Click left soft button) and change the status of the Root Explorer to On.
- Now click Root Explorer option and select Mount R/W and modify the /system option to RW.
- Navigate to the location where you have stored the downloaded font file.
- Copy that file.
- Click / Button on the upper side of ES File Manager.
- Navigate to System >> Fonts.
- Paste that file there. Select overwrite if asked.
- Good Job! You have just installed Indian Language Fonts on your Android Phone. Now Enjoy! 😉
I hope this post helped you in getting local Indian fonts to work on your Android device. If you encounter any issues while following the guide then feel free to let us know using the comment section below.