YU Yureka is a 5.5 inch low-budget smartphone announced in January 2015. It is packed up with amazing specifications. Some of them are SnapDragon 615 octa-core processor, 2GB RAM, 13MP Full HD rear camera, 16GB internal storage, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and much more. Also Yureka is powered by Cyanogenmod 12 which means all tweaks in the android world can be applied on this device. So now here in this post we are going to discuss how to install cwm recovery & root Micromax YU Yureka.
I. Unlocking the Bootloader
Before proceeding forward for flashing recovery and rooting your device, unlocking device’s bootloader is necessary. So here is how to do so:
- Install ADB & Fastboot on your windows computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.(Go to Settings -> Developers Option -> Tick USB Debugging Option)(In case you does not find developer options in your device, then go to Settings -> About -> Tap on build number many times. A popup will show that you are now a developer.)
- Connect your device to computer. You will get a popup on your phone, select ‘Always allow from this computer’ and then tap OK.
- Go to ADB & Fastboot folder. Hold shift and right click anywhere in the folder and select open command window here.
- To check whether you device is detected or not type adb devices .
- Reboot into bootloader mode using following command adb reboot bootloader .
- Now it’s time to unlock bootloader. Type fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock .
- You’ve successfully unlocked your device’s bootloader.
II. Flashing CWM Recovery
After successfully unlocking your device’s bootloader, you have to flash cwm recovery so that you can flash zip files directly to your device.
“This post may contain affiliate links & we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links” [Read More Here]
III. Rooting the device
Once you have install cwm recovery, now you can flash custom rom’s, mod’s and various other things on your device. So now it’s time to root your device. Read this post on root android device using custom recovery.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.