As we all know there is various easy and simple software available which will let us to a bootable pen drive easily. We can mention some softwares that are widely use, that are Win 32 Disk Imager, UNetBootin, Rufus, etc. But sometimes they can’t get the things done when you really want them to or sometimes you don’t have them. So, here we are going to learn how to create bootable pen drive using cmd(windows command prompt).
What is Bootable Pendrive?
Sometimes bootable pendrive is also referred to as bootable usb. It is a disk that can boot up your computer if you don’t have any operaing system. i.e. a standalone storage which can boot up your computer.
Steps to Create Bootable Pendrive using CMD
- Run cmd(Command Prompt) as Administrator.
- Connect your pen drive to your computer.
- Type disk part and press enter.
- Type list disk and press enter. This will list all the storage device available on your computer.
- Choose your pen drive. For that type select disk 1 and press enter. (Here it is disk 1. In your computer it may differ so choose wisely)
- Type clean and press enter. This will erase all data from your pen drive.
- Type create partition primary and press enter.
- Type select partition 1 and press enter. This will choose the partition we just created.
- Type format=fs NTFS quick and press enter. This will perform a quick format with NTFS file system.
- Type active and press enter. This will mark your primary partition as active.
- Type exit and press enter to exit disk part and then close the command prompt.
- Now copy all the data from Windows installation disk to your pen drive.
- Now your pen drive is bootable having desired windows installation.
Photo Credits: dailytechnoblog.com
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying excellent posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you still have any query, throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and useful for others.