After a long time once again we are here with a completely different tutorial. Sometimes when you export data especially contacts, they are exported in xls or xlsx format. This is a general format and can be opened almost on any computer. But some software only allows importing data or contacts from Vcard i.e. .vcf format.
“This post may contain affiliate links & we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links” [Read More Here]
First of all, lets learn something about vcf and excel files:
What is Vcard VCF File?
It is a file format that is used to store contact information like name, phone number, email address, home address and many more things. The structure of the vcf file looks like this:
What is Excel (xls/xlsx) File?
It is a file format that is generally created by Microsoft Excel. Up to Microsoft Excel 2003, the extension was xls and from Microsoft Office 2007 the extension is xlsx. It is generally used by most of the organizations and businesses. That’s why it is very important to have xlsx file instead of vcf.
If you try to google this, you will find amazing results. You will find various paid software to do the same. Unfortunately, you will not be able to find any free one. This is because converting from xlsx to vcf is a two-step process. Let us see how we can Convert Excel xlsx to Vcard vcf File:
Steps to Convert Excel (xls/xlsx) to Vcard vcf File
- Open Excel file in Microsoft Office.
- Arrange the data if not already arranged.
- Click File and click Save As.
- Click Browse and select the location where you want to store the file.
- Select CSV(Comma delimited)(*.csv) in Save as type.
- Head over to www.csvtovcard.com and download their software. (Size <1MB)
- Install it on your computer and open it.
- Select CSV file you just exported. Select the format you want to export it in. (Single file or Separate file for each row)
- If attributes/vCard property is not identified automatically then specify it manually.
- Click Convert. Your file will be converted in seconds.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment, and also it is quite easy and helpful for others