Well, we are aware of the fact that how fast the Smartphone Market is growing and they are improving every day.
“This post may contain affiliate links & we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links” [Read More Here]
Every year we get Mobile phones with a Better camera then the last ones and Now even Budget phones have Fantastic cameras. And now even Dual camera phones are on the market which can click pics with brilliant Effects.
To summaries I should say, in no days Smartphone cameras can almost reach the Level of budget DSLRs though DSLR is a DSLR anyway and of course the massive size lens has its own benefits.
Why Choose Photo Editing Apps?
But what if you click an Awesome pic and then change it into a piece of art with some of the photo editing apps that you can use on your Smartphone itself. It will be like Icing on the cake.
So, don’t wait we will Tell you what are some of the best photo editing apps on android that you must try and take your photo editing to another level and later show off your photo editing skills on social media.
Well, there are thousands of such apps in the market which can help you to or if you are a Dragon ball fan then I must say there are ‘over 9000’ apps in the market. You cannot possibly use all of them and hence we are here to rescue, we will shorten this list out to top 10 photo editing apps for android ranging from best to second best and so on.
Editing photos do not just mean editing the pics you took but you can even make memes from the templates or you can even make your own meme templates and believe me making memes can be a lot of fun.
It sure was tough for us to choose a few from such a pile of photo editing apps but never mind we are here with our best picks. And we took care that you should not face any difficulty in finding these apps and hence all the apps we are mentioning here are easily available on play store and We will provide you there links too.
Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
Well surely photoshop is the savior for us on the PC but for Android, you have many good apps for editing and this makes the task of finding the best one difficult. And I must say you should try out all the apps we are mentioning and keep the ones you like the best. You surely can keep more than one because some of them are for a quick touch up while few others are for depth editing.
I have tried all of them before delivering them to you so I will start with the apps that I currently used and then the ones which I used and liked. Here in this article, you will get Best photo editing apps for Android with their pro, features and its cons if any.
PicsArt Photo Studio
The reason why I kept PicsArt on the top is because PicsArt is one of the earliest photo editing tool in the Market and I find all the Helpful tools it from basic functionalities to special features like Magic effects.
PicsArt is one of the Apps that I first install after flashing a new ROM or getting a new Device. Well if you cannot have so many apps at once then just Install PicsArt as it is all in one Solution.
You can get PicsArt for free but if you want an ad-free version then you will need to bay around 6$. Though ads on the app aren’t so annoying as you won’t get any ad while editing a pic.
- Edit Your Pic
- A very Large Range of Filters and new Filters get added every day.
- You can make your own sticker using Cutout features or get tons of free stickers.
- Make Creative Collages
- Add text to the Image (Mostly used for making Memes)
- PicsArt also has community share feature where you too can Find a lot of creative pics and many of them are free to Edit.
Well, lots of new features are added to PicsArt every day and Currently, they have added features like Cutout and Remix.
If you still don’t like PicsArt don’t worry we have many other options on this list ?. So, moving Further getting to our second app in the list Google’s Snapseed.
Well, to start with Snapseed is a Google’s app s you can expect something Really good and it actually is awesome. Well if you are a Photographer then you will love Snapseed. This app is so good that I can tell you it almost matches the Photoshop CC on the computer. Though it is not an easy to use the app and hence it is only recommended for professional Photographers to manipulate their pics in the best possible way on their Mobile itself.
So, as I have mentioned earlier Snapseed is best in class photo editing app for professionals.
- Edit brushes which sure are selective
- Lens Blur
- Double Exposure
- Supports stack editing
- B&W Filters
- And many more features.
As there are many features on Snapseed and I cannot mention all of them here but I should say that if you are a Professional looking for a powerful photo editing tool then Snapseed is there to save your day. Still, if you are not a professional but still want to learn professional editing then you sure can learn on Snapseed.
Adobe Photoshop Express
Photoshop express supports all android versions above v4.0.3. Though this is genuine Adobe product you cannot expect it to be as good as Photoshop on our Personal Computers. But still, this app isn’t bad either.
You get all the necessary photo editing tools and also can be synced using Revel. Along with the support to edit photos, you can also click images directly from the app itself and the camera is pretty impressive too.
Photoshop Express supports up to 22 filters for now and the no. is increasing rapidly.
- It supports all the basic editing like cropping, Adjusting brightness and all along with pretty Professional tools.
- I also like the fact that in the thumbnail of the effects it gives the same pic you are editing making it easier to use.
- The User interface is pretty impressive.
- You can also adjust the geometry as well as the shadows and highlights too.
So, what else can be expected from such a simple but great app from Adobe? I may recommend you to use this tool if you are looking for easy to learn photo editing tool.
Though this photo editing app from CyberLink is pretty new on the market that doesn’t it doesn’t stand with the other editing apps and that’s the reason for it being on no. 4.
The best thing about this app is that it is very easy to use and if you are even a beginner in the photo editing field you can easily edit pics and show off your skills to your friends.
- Smart Object removal where you can remove unwanted object easily just by selecting it.
- It also gives you HDR and other preset effects that can change the way your photo looks
- Why edit just a good pic when you can turn your bad pic into a smooth one with the skin smoother tool
- Instantly share the edited pic on the social media.
Overall this app is pretty good for the beginners. You can actually have a lot of fun while editing pics on this app. Well, there are so many options for filtering your pic that you will end up confused which filter you have to use. Well, first you can take a trial of this app and buy the Premium Version of the app only if you want to.
Aviary Photo Editor is a pretty nice option too as it too provides almost all the features that we need in a photo editing app. The app is also free so you can easily give it a try and know it’s potential by yourself.
- Basic edits like brightness warmth and the other controls for sharpness.
- You also get drawing tools and stickers.
- You can get up to 12 types of filters that you can apply.
- To get access to more filters you will have to pay 1$ each which I won’t recommend but after all, it’s on you.
- You can Either load pic from built-in photo library or the camera.
- Direct Social media syncing.
Well, that’s it about Aviary you sure can test it out as it is absolutely free.
Adobe Lightroom CC
To start with this app is also from the same brand as photoshop, that is photoshop. Well, this app is well organized that makes it easier to understand for any new user. I kept it on no. 6 as I would rather use photoshop or PicsArt over this but that does not mean this app is not good as it also provides almost all the features required so you cannot complain.
As mentioned earlier the best thing I like about this one is its organization and the capability to instantly sync edited pic with social media. Well, one more thing that I should definitely mention is that though this app features all the complicated editing options but due to its easy to use UI it is also good for the beginners. Let me tell you few of its features: –
- The file management in the Lightroom CC enables you to keep a track of all your photos.
- Easy sharing to social media or simply export the photo to your gallery.
- There is a variety of editing tools for the user to make the best out of your pic.
- One more thing I like about Adobe products is that they provide great support to their users.
Well, that is it about Adobe Lightroom CC as it has almost everything like photoshop to offer. You can still try it out as it is easier to use.
Well, Prisma is like a treasure of filters. This app was first launched on iOS and gained huge popularity in a few months. Later on, huge demand this app was made available for Android as people were eventually starting to buy iPhones just to use this app.
Still, this app is no. 7 as it didn’t have anything more to offer than its filters which were pretty awesome. As the app only features filters, it is very easy to use for the beginners.
- It provides you a lot of features that belong to the modern art.
- There are few photo effects which are actually stunning.
- All the photos are easy to share anywhere on social media or your gallery.
So, if you are looking for an app which can offer you really quick touchup to any of your pics then you should definitely checkout Prisma from play store. So even though Prisma still have more to offer you but the filters it offers are really top class.
Fotor Photo Editor
Well, Fotor is very easy to use and it also provides you a good camera app that helps you in taking some quality pics. It was also awarded as one of the Android Excellence Apps of 2017.
So this app has all the basic editing tools that you find in any other photo editing app and it also gives you a good camera.
The filters provided with this app are pretty decent too and I like many of them. Well, here are few of the many features that you get on Fotor:
- This app has an excellent camera which can also take depth photos and it also manipulates the photos with the bokeh effect.
- There is a pretty good feature called Enhance which enables a slider that can help you to adjust everything to your photograph.
- Well, there are pretty good scene effects too which I personally liked while using the app. These effects enable you to modify the lighting conditions of your photos with a single click. Which also modifies the brightness and the saturation of the photos.
- There is a tremendous variety of filters that you should definitely try out. So, this gives you an opportunity to give infinite no. of styles to your photos.
- Well, there are many options to give minute touch-ups to your pic. So you can easily edit your pics using these options.
- You can definitely perform basic functions like cropping and rotate the pic with the edit crop feature.
- They give pretty fast updates for the app which eventually add new themes and filters.
With all the features I mentioned above I can say the app is really good. I even think it could have been in top 3 may it is just I haven’t used the app much. Like it is a complete package of almost everything plus you get a very good and easy User Interface. You should at least try out this app and you can easily download it from the play store.
Cymera is actually a camera app that was made to replace your old and boring stock camera app. But they also gave you the photo editing tools which are pretty impressive and that is the reason why this app is on the list. Well, the app is absolutely free so you can try it out without any problems.
This app provides you with a very large variety of filters and effects. You also get access to millions of stickers and new stickers are added daily which you can put on your photos to make them funkier. So, as you are getting a two in one app which makes it pretty useful for the android users. As this app has a lot of features I will go through each one of them one by one.
- Firstly, as the name itself suggests, Cymera is one of the best camera app alternative for the stock camera as it is the most rated camera app.
- You even get the professional editing tools directly from the camera itself so that you can do some live editing.
- The live editing tools involve frames, stickers and also few of the make-up effects. The fact that you can edit the pic directly from the camera itself is appreciable.
- Then comes the amazing variety of Filters that are provided by Cymera. The company says that it currently supports up to 130 photo filters and new ones are added regularly.
- You can choose from a range of retro-style filters to the national flag filters and so on. The list doesn’t end here as it also provides you fantastic filters like lens flare or the effects of lake light.
- There are also few lances in the camera such as Lomo and fisheye which enables you to click really nice pics.
- You can make a collage of up to as big as the one consisting 9 pics. And you can either choose from the background to be blurred or any other Image.
- The fact that you can touch up your photos instantly is really appreciable. The camera can even recognize your face automatically.
- You can even beautify yourself in the photo with the functions like slimming your body and many other makeup tools.
- The tool is very easy and it edits the pic in no time that means it has very low processing time.
- One more thing that I really like about this app is that it supports a lot of languages which is really appreciable as it enables many users from around the world to use the app without knowing English.
Well, that is it about this app and you should definitely try it because it is a complete package of awesome camera and amazing features.
VSCO photo editor
I do not want to make this article very long and hence I would say that this app is pretty much like other apps that I mentioned in the list and it provides almost every function that is required in a photo editing app. So there is no need to mention its features as it is pretty much like standard photo editing app.
So I may now wrap up this article here with the hope that you would really enjoy trying all the apps mentioned in the article. I have tried all of them and they are really awesome. Thank You ?
Here are some special mentions that are not included in the list: –
- CupSlice Photo Editor
- Bonfire Photo Editor
- LightX Photo Editor
- Photo Effects Pro
- Photo Lab