If you have a data center or simply own a single server, then you will know that you must monitor it regularly to keep optimum performance and log errors. And all that is traditionally done manually, but not anymore!
A new service named StruxureOn by Schneider Electric which will do all of the monitoring for you, is here. Let’s say for example, in your data center you need a team of 10 persons for monitoring. Using StruxureOn, you can reallocate those persons to another department and let the StruxureOn Experts deal with the monitoring task.
For more information about StruxureOn check out the image below:
Isn’t it amazing? Also, we haven’t told you the best part yet. Continue reading 😉
How StruxureOn Works?
Now you might be wondering that how StruxureOn does all of that. Let’s know how.
- The first step is to install StruxureOn Gateway on your servers
- Then there are some steps that have to be completed, you can see the detailed StruxureOn setup guide here.
- After setup, all of the monitoring data is collected and is sent to the StruxureOn Cloud where the data is monitored by StruxureOn experts (if you are a premium user).
- There are lots of features of being a premium user. (You can find more about it on its official website)
- Using StruxureOn Mobile App you can see the live data from your servers/data centers.
StruxureOn is for Whom?
StruxureOn is for anyone who needs to monitor their servers, i.e. it can be a single server or can be a whole data center. You can watch the introductory video where Henrik Leerberg, Director of Offer Management at Schneider Electric explains a little about StruxureOn.
Why Use StruxureOn for your Data Centers?
After discussing a lot about this service, you already must have got an idea why is it beneficial for you and your business. So, without wasting any more time, let’s discuss some key points that you must know:
Note: All the features and services that we are going to discuss here are available to the premium users. So, if you are a free user, then you will have limited access to features and services.
- Live Monitoring of Data Center through Mobile App
- Alarms and Push Notifications on Your Smartphone
- Proactive Alarm Handling by Local Schneider Electric Experts
- Field Service Dispatch in Necessary Situation
- Real Time as well as Historic Data Management
How to Get Started with StruxureOn?
When it comes to setting up StruxureOn in your data center you will be surprised to know that it is a very simple and a one time process.
- Just like we mentioned earlier go to StruxureOn website and go to get started page and follow the instruction carefully.
Before proceeding towards installation we will highly recommend you to check whether your system is compatible or not. Here are the minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 64-bit OS
- At least 8-core & 8 GB of RAM
- 20GB of HDD Space
- Static IP Address
- 443 port access through Firewall
PS: You can also use StruxureOn for free as long as you like but you will not get access to premium features and services.
For upgrading to premium, you just need to login to struxureon.com/manage and follow the steps given in the video below.
Limitations of StruxureOn
- For now, only Microsoft Windows 64-bit Operating Systems are supported. We hope that they will add support for Linux soon. (Ubuntu, CentOS etc)
- System requirements are higher when it comes to a small business or company
If you are looking for an reliable method to reduce your manpower on managing and monitoring your data centers or servers, StruxureOn is a way to go. You can reallocate these resources for other productive needs, while Schneider Electric experts will take care of your data center.
If you are still not sure whether it is worth it then you can always try using the free version first and then upgrade to premium you find it worth the price.
We hope that you enjoyed reading the article and gained something from it. If yes, then don’t forget to share this article with your friends and help us continue this work. If no, then let us know how can we improve and what are your expecting from further articles.
Have a great day!
GET INSTANT ACCESS
Receive latest tutorials, news and tech updates right to your inbox!