A recent update from Whatsapp includes voice calling feature which needs to be activated via an invitation from an active user of WhatsApp calling but here in this post we are going to discuss three methods by which you can activate Whatsapp voice calling on your Android device. If you are having normal Java phone then do check out Whatsapp for Java.
Important: First of all you need to update your Whatsapp to the latest available version on Google Play Store.
Method 1 – Invitation (Tradition Method)
- Ask your friend who is already using Whatsapp voice calling feature to call you once.
- Receive call once.
- Now you have activated Whatsapp voice calling feature on your phone.
After following method 1, still if you unable to Whatsapp voice calling feature then you can try other methods given below.
Note: You will need a rooted android device in order to follow method 2 & method 3. Root your device now!
Method 2 – XML File Editing
- Download & install ES File Explorer on your Android device from Google Play Store.
- Open menu(Click left soft button) and change status of the Root Explorer to On.
- Now click Root Explorer option and select Mount R/W and change all options to RW.
- Navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/
- Open com.whatsapp__preferences.xml with ES Note Editor.
- Find <map> in that file.
- Add two lines given below after <map>
<boolean name="call" value="true" /> <string name="call_allowed">all</string>
- Save the file and exit ES File Explorer.
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Whatsapp -> Force Stop -> OK.
- Now open Whatsapp again. You will see Whatsapp voice calling feature activated.
Method 3 – Terminal Emulator
- Download & install Terminal Emulator on your android device from Google Play Store.
- Open Terminal Emulator and type following code :
su am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
- Open Whatsapp & see Whatsapp voice calling feature activated & in action.
Note: You can only call WhatsApp calling feature to call that user who already has Whatsapp voice calling enable.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views on this post in the comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.
GET INSTANT ACCESS
Receive latest tutorials, news and tech updates right to your inbox!