As we know that now most of the Internet Service Providers (ISP) are blocking some websites. In colleges and universities social networking websites and other websites are blocked. They uses firewall like Cyberoam etc. So to access blocked websites we can use many methods which are given below.
- 1 Various Methods to Access Blocked Websites
- 1.1 1. Using Google Cache
- 1.2 2. Using Proxy
- 1.3 3. Using Tor Browser
- 1.4 4. Using 3rd party VPN Software
- 1.5 5. Using VPN Connection (Best Method)
- 1.6 Have we missed something, do notify us by commenting below
Various Methods to Access Blocked Websites
1. Using Google Cache
You might be knowing that Search Engines like Google, Bing, Yandex etc crawls websites regularly and stores it’s cached copy. You can use this cache to view & access blocked websites so here is how to do that. For example wikipedia.org is blocked by your ISP then follow the steps given below :
Note : This method is not applicable if you are seeking to open Facebook, Twitter etc sites which needs login credentials.
- Open Google.
- Paste URL that you want to open and click search.
- Click on the downward arrow given near URL in search result and click cached.
- Hurrah! cached version of desired version is on your screen.
2. Using Proxy
There are many online proxy services available on the web to access blocked websites like SafeIP, Hidemyass, kproxy etc. You have to just open that proxy site and just paste the URL that you wanted to open & select proxy location and there you go.
3. Using Tor Browser
According to Wikipedia :
Tor is free software for enabling online anonymity and resisting censorship. It is designed to make it possible for users to surf the Internet anonymously ( access blocked websites ), so their activities and location cannot be discovered by government agencies, corporations, or anyone else.
Follow the instruction given below to setup and configure Tor Browser on your computer :
- Download Tor Browser.
- Install it like normal software.
- When you will open it first time, it will ask some questions related to your ISP and network. (This will ensure the connectivity to Tor Network)
Before proceeding further let’s have a quick view on what is VPN (Virtual Private Network)
According to Webopedia :
VPN is a network that is constructed by using public wires — usually the Internet — to connect to a private network, such as a company’s internal network. These systems use encryption and other security mechanisms to ensure that only authorized users can access the network and that the data cannot be intercepted.
New definition of VPN : It can also be used to access blocked websites. 😉
4. Using 3rd party VPN Software
We are sure that you already have heard about Hotspot shield. It uses VPN to access blocked websites. As we know that high quality VPN softwares are highly priced but there are also free VPN software available in the market. Some of them are SafeIP, Hotspot Shield, Spotflux etc.
Note for Cyberoam Users
– Before changing your IP address from VPN software, first login to the Cyberoam and then change IP.
– Recently we have tested Hotspot Shield to bypass Cyberoam and to access blocked websites. Unfortunately it is not working. Check out other VPN softwares.
5. Using VPN Connection (Best Method)
Note :- This method works in 99.9% cases. Can bypass Cyberoam to access blocked websites.
– How to create VPN connection in Windows
- Open Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
- Click “Set up a new connection or network”.
- Select “Connect to workplace” and click next.
- Select “No, create a new connection”.
- Select “Use my internet connection”.
- Type Internet Address. (How to obtain Internet Address is given below)
- Type desired Destination Name.
- Select Remember my credentials & Allow other people to use this connection and then click next.
- Now enter Username & Password for dialing up VPN Connection. (How to obtain Username & Password is given below)
- Now enjoy new VPN Connection.
– How to obtain Internet/Server address with Username & Password
- There are many Free VPN Providers are available like WebsiteVPN, VPNonline, SurfEasy, VPNbook, MyBestVPN etc.
- Open any free VPN provider website.
- There you can easily find Server Address, Username & Password.
Note :- If you have to login into portal to use internet and it automatically logs you out after sometime like Cyberoam. Then you can only use VPN until it’s log you out. and since you are connected to VPN you cannot sign back in. To fix this problem you need to bypass VPN connection for that url or IP where you have to login. For that follow the steps given below :
- Note down the URL or IP address of your Internet Login Portal and Gateway IP address. (You can find Gateway IP by going into details of connection from network and sharing center)
- Open Command Prompt (CMD) as administrator.
- Type this command route add “URL or IP address” “Gateway IP” and hit enter. For example : URL/IP address : 172.16.16.1 & Gateway IP : 10.208.1.1. So you have to type route add 172.16.16.1 10.208.1.1 .
- Now login to Internet portal and then connect to VPN connection.
Also read : Best movie streaming sites to watch free movies
Have we missed something, do notify us by commenting below
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.
GET INSTANT ACCESS
Receive latest tutorials, news and tech updates right to your inbox!