In some of the device we need to flash Kernel image using ADB and fastboot. In some of the device it is needed to root the device. So here is how to do so.
- Recovery Image.
- Android device drivers.
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- If Bootloader available then it should be unlocked. See below
- USB Cable.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
- An Android Device. 😉
Steps to flash Kernel image using ADB and fastboot
- Install your device drivers and Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.(Go to Settings -> Developers Option -> Tick USB Debugging Option)(In case you does not find developer options in your device, then go to Settings -> About -> Tap on build number many times. A popup will show that you are now a developer.)
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- To check whether you device is detected or not type1adb devices
- Reboot into bootloader mode using following command.1adb reboot bootloader
- Copy recovery image to C drive and rename recovery image to recovery.img.
- Type the following command to flash recovery image.1fastboot flash boot c:\boot.img
- Now type the following command to reboot your device.1fastboot reboot
- Now disconnect your device.
- You have successfully flashed recovery image to your android device.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.