As we know that for some Android Devices there are number of Custom ROMs available. It is very important to find & select the best among them. So in this post we are going to discuss how to find & select best ROM for your Android Device.
Where to find ROMs for your Android Device
- Popular Android Forums : Most of the developers post their cooked ROMs on major & popular forums websites like XDA Developers, Android Central etc. You can search those forums by entering your device model in search box.
- Google it : If you unable to find ROMs on Android forums websites then open Google and search for Custom ROM 'Your device name/model'
- Join Facebook Groups : There are dedicated device specific Facebook Groups available. For example I have Micromax A116 and there is Facebook group available named Micromax A116 Development.
Best ROM should have :
- Android Version : You have to select the ROM which have the latest Android Version.
- Check Screenshots : Never forget to check screenshots of the ROM to have a better idea about it’s User Interface and to check whether it meets your requirements or not.
- Good features and MODs : The ROM which you are selecting must have good features as compared to other ROMs and some tweaked settings with MODs. You can find these details in features section of Custom ROM page.
- Great user reviews : You have to search for the reviews of that ROM in the thread that reviews are whether positive or not. Good ROMs have very less negative reviews.
- No Bugs : Selected ROM should not have any critical bug. It is okay if it is having minor bug. But it is very good to have no bug at all.
- Pre-rooted : As you have already void your device warranty by installing Custom ROM, it is good to have a pre-rooted custom ROM. This is not very much important.
- Reputation of the Developer : If you are using reputed Android forums websites like XDA Developers, Android Central etc. You can easily find the reputation and work of developer from their profile page.
- Update frequency : Update frequency is very important while selecting a ROM because as frequently it will update more features and bug fixes will be done. You can find how frequently it updates from Change-log in the ROM thread.
The Final Verdict
There is nothing like perfect ROM. It is highly dependent upon the requirement of the User and his likes/dislikes. Every ROM has it’s own importance. User can also try flashing multiple ROMs in order to find the ROM which is suitable and best for him.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.