Did you know that you can increase organic traffic easily? You just have to find competitors organic keywords & use them for your benefit! If you are a newbie and struggling for traffic, then these methods help you a lot in getting organic traffic.
- 1 What are competitors keywords?
- 2 How to research competitors for your niche?
- 3 Methods to find competitors organic keywords for getting more traffic
- 4 Over to you:
What are competitors keywords?
The list of keywords for that your targeted competitors are ranking in Google search results. Here’s what you will do. You have to target your competitor’s keywords into your articles, and it will lead to significant improvement in your search engine traffic.
Also read : 8 Tips To Write A Great Blog Post
How to research competitors for your niche?
Before you get started, to find competitors organic keywords you need to have competitors websites list otherwise you cannot target any site. There is the perfect strategy to come up with an excellent and superb competitors list i.e. organic keyword research.
Here’s an exact method which works best for any niche:
- Head over to Google keyword planner and enter seed/main keyword of a niche.
- You will get tonnes of keyword ideas, download them.
- Download and install Moz bar extension on Google Chrome.
- Put keyword one by one in google search bar and Check out DA (Domain Authority) of the websites and make a list of low DA sites of 5-7 websites.
- Now go to SEMRush, enter URL, scroll down and click on main organic competitors.
- Also you get more names from the competitive positioning graph.
Now, you have a list of competitors, so now let’s see how to find keywords of competitors website. Keep reading 😛
Here, I’m going to show you some of the many ways through which you can find competitors organic keywords for free. But if you want to see the entire method & how it works then check out sweet steal technique.
Methods to find competitors organic keywords for getting more traffic
Method 1 – SEMRush: SEO competitor analysis tool
Sometimes, investment on paid tools can give you worthy traffic and money. SEMRush is my favorite SEO competitor analysis tool so far. It provides the facility to spy on your competitors. Also it shows you complete details like organic search, paid search, back links, primary organic competitors etc. of your competitor site.
You are probably wondering that should I be able to pay the price of SEMRush account. So you don’t have to bother for an account because SEMRush provides you a FREE trial account for 14 days. You can create one from here:
- Head over to SEMRush and log in to your account
- Place your competitor URL.
- Click on Top organic keywords
- You will have a list of keywords for that a website getting traffic. You can sort by CPC, Search Volume, Traffic, Trends.
- Find best possible long tail keywords from the list.
Some of the keywords you could target are best rowenta steam iron, rowenta dw5080 review, best ironing board, rowenta focus iron and much more.
Want to know the best feature of the SEMrush tool?
It will provide you with data of your competitors of competitors that will help you to figure our more competitors of your niche.
Method 2 – Ahref: Best competitor keyword research tool
Ahref is the best back links checker tool in the market which lets you find back links of the website. Along with this, it also provides you with features like Site Explorer, Position Explorer, Content Explorer, Position tracker and Crawl reports.
This is a paid tool, and you have to spend some amount of money for it. But you can get the ahref tool for free with limited features. The free account lets you find top five ranking keywords of your competitors. However, you can determine other keywords by sorting different positions, traffic and search volume columns.
But here we are only required to use site explorer tool so we will work using this feature:
- Go to site explorer and put URL from the list
- Click on explore button and then click on organic keywords
- You will see top five competitors organic keywords and its pages from which your opponent gets the most traffic. This could be rough data but still will be useful for you.
- Note down the keywords on notepad. And repeat step 1-4 for other URLs.
Method 3 – Google Keyword Planner
Google keyword planner is the most useful keyword research tool and it provides competitors keywords for free. And most important thing about GKP is that it also shows you competitors ad word keywords.
You only have to put URL into Google keyword planner, and it will show your keywords for they are getting traffic.
But you wouldn’t get data about traffic and it will only show you Search volume, Advertiser competition, CPC etc. Hence, you should manually check each keyword to determine low competition keywords:
- Head over to Google keyword planner and put URL in landing page row from the list.
- Click on get ideas button.
- You will get tonnes of keywords for a particular URL.
Over to you:
Spying on your competitors is not a black hat activity. Your competitors can help you get more search engine traffic.
Try methods mentioned above and search competitor’s keywords, target long tail keywords and do proper on page SEO optimization. You will definitely see an increase in traffic.
Let me know which method works best for you to find competitors organic keywords via comments. If you find this article worth sharing, then don’t forget to share on social media & also with friends.