As we all know there are various easy and simple softwares available which will let us to a bootable pendrive easily. But here we are going to learn how to create bootable pendrive using windows command prompt.
- A Pendrive.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
Steps to Create Bootable Pendrive using Windows Command Prompt
- Run cmd(Command Prompt) as administrator.
- Connect your pendrive to your computer.
- Type diskpart and press enter.
- Type list disk and press enter. This will list all the storage device available on your computer.
- Choose your pendrive. For that type select disk 1 and press enter. (Here it is disk 1. In your computer it may differ so choose wisely)
- Type clean and press enter. This will erase all data from your pendrive.
- Type create partition primary and press enter.
- Type select partition 1 and press enter. This will select the partition we just created.
- Type format=fs ntfs quick and press enter. This will perform a quick format with NTFS file system.
- Type active and press enter. This will mark your primary partition as active.
- Type exit and press enter to exit diskpart and then close command prompt.
- Now copy all the data from windows installation disk to your pendrive.
- Now your pendrive is bootable having desired windows installation.
Photo Credits : dailytechnoblog.com
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.